Proper startup and shutdown procedures are crucial to expanding the life of the NVR.
To start your NVR:
- Check the power supply is plugged into an electrical outlet. It is HIGHLY recommended that an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) be used in conjunction with the device. The Power LED on the front panel should be red, indicating the device gets the power supply.
- Press the POWER button on the front panel. The Power LED should turn green. The unit will begin to start.
To shut down the NVR:
Enter the Shutdown menu.
- Click on Menu.
- Click on Shutdown.
- Click on Yes.
Using the Start Wizard
By default, the Setup Wizard starts once the NVR has loaded, as shown in Figure below.
Operating the Setup Wizard:
- The Setup Wizard can walk you through some important settings of the NVR. If you don’t want to use the Setup Wizard at that moment, click on Cancel. You can also choose to use the Setup Wizard next time by leaving the “Start wizard when NVR starts?” check box checked.
- Click on Next on the Wizard window to enter the Login window.
- Enter the Admin Password. Call for password.
- To change the admin password, check the New Admin Password check box. Enter the new password and confirm the password in the given fields.
- Click on Next to open the date and time settings window.
- Adjust the Time Settings.
- Click on Next. This will take you back to the Network Setup Wizard window.
Note: For NVR24xxA-P16 series NVR, the internal NIC IPv4 address should be configured for the cameras connecting to the PoE network interface of the NVR.
- Configure your Network Settings.
- Click on Next after the settings are configured. The HDD Management window will open.
- To initialize the HDD, click on Init. Initialization removes all the data saved in the HDD.
- Click on Next button. The Adding IP Camera interface will open.
- Click on Search to find online IP Camera.
- Click on the IP camera to be added.
- Click on Add.
- Click on Next. The Record Settings interface will pop up.
- Click on Copy to copy the settings to other channels.
- Click on check boxes next to camera(s) for settings to be copied.
- Click on OK to complete the startup Setup Wizard.